Sunday 18 October 2009

Scrapbooking is My New Thing

Since I am on an artistic streak, thought I'd have a go at scrapbooking. I came across a scrapbooking blog by a SAHM (stay at home mom) named Marion. That was about a week ago. Between work and a few days Jason stopped by before leaving for another painting project, I watched You Tube tutorials and read blogs until the wee hours of the morning.

Last night I sketched some of my favorite designs. I got hungry a little after midnight, hence the plate next to my sketch book!



So today I went to town to get materials. It is a shame the shop that actually supplies craft materials (and cheap too!) is closed on Sundays. I even strategically planned my route so that it's my last stop. But when I got to the front door and saw it shut I was closer to home and couldn't really be bothered to go back to the mosh pit that is Brighton on a Sunday afternoon.

Here are the goodies ! The Scrap Pad To Go got me excited. The prints featured my favourite colours with rustic, slightly distressed look and all pages are printed on both sides. WHSmith does not have a lot of choices and the prices are quite dear but it offers a little bit of everything - stamps, inks, glitter, cutting machines, ribbons and tools.

I also bought an old book full of aged and yellowed pages, stickers, glue and cheap envelopes.



Like the mad woman that I am, I got everything out and made a mess. That way I could figure out what I'd want to do with the stuff available. The small uncovered area on my floor was where I sat cross-legged throughout the time with a cup of tea of course.



I found a bingo card in the 99p store made of chipboard and figured it may work as a starter scrapbook. I cut about 5 pages of plain coloured paper, folded the sides and used the clip to bind. This way, I could easily work on the pages individually and not waste the expensive paper in case I make a mistake.

After all of that fuss and mess, I managed to do just ONE page!




CeeMae Mood: YES! I can draw!

No comments: